Never overlook your marketing automations again
Veröffentlicht am 1 July 2021 | von Sebastian Pieper0
Marketing Automation campaigns can be built to last ages. Once set up correctly, they run continuously and produce results without you having to intervene. What sounds like a perfect measure also has its pitfalls when Marketing Automation campaigns are “forgotten”. After all, the campaign may eventually stop running properly and no one notices until a customer complains.
This problem is exacerbated if the Marketing Automation campaign was not properly documented. Suddenly you have to solve a problem, but you don’t know where it came from, how the campaign works, and whether you need to consider dependencies when you make changes.
Documentation & regular reviews
To prevent situations as these, you need to document all of your marketing automations in detail. You should also subject all your automations to a regular review. Check, among other things, whether
- …all steps of marketing automation are still working at all.
- …addressed APIs are still accessible.
- …used data still exists.
- …the automation has become redundant through other measures or can be optimized.
- …the messages sent still comply with your CI and other guidelines (for example with regard to addressing customers).
- …all responsible employees can understand how the automation works on the basis of the documentation.
More marketing automation mistakes to avoid
Overlooking marketing automations is just one marketing automation or email marketing mistake you should avoid. Find ten more common mistakes in our Checklist: 10 marketing automation mistakes you should avoid. To download the checklist, just click on the cover and fill in the form.